It is a common misconception that it is harder to sell your home in the winter. Although the holidays are hectic for most people, this is actually a great time to get your property on the market! If you are prepared, putting your home on the market “off season” has its advantages. So, bundle up and hang up those lights and learn why selling your home during the holidays may be your best move yet!
Carrie’s Top 5 Reasons to SELL your home during the Holidays!
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers. Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you. Lots of sellers take their homes off the market during the Holidays, assuming no one will be buying at this time. But with serious buyers still out there and a lower inventory of homes, your home has a good chance of standing out.
- If you wait until January, more homes go on the market meaning you’ll have to compete with more homes (which means less money for you).
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Those relocating to the area may not be able to wait until Spring to buy, so it may be a good idea to list your home during the Holidays to capture that market.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
Carrie with The Edge Group can get your house SOLD in less time than the AVERAGE AGENT!
ASK ME ABOUT MY COMMISSION ACCOUNTABILTY…. If we do not sell your house with in a certain timeframe the commission % drops!
[inbound_button font_size=”20″ color=”#008080″ text_color=”#ffffff” icon=”” url=”http://jacksonville.edgegrouprealestate.com/home-valuation/” width=”” target=”_self”]Get Your Home Value[/inbound_button]